Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Writer's Woes

Hello everyone!

So I obviously love to write. I've written tons of short stories, songs, completed one novel, two screenplays, and I write a TV series every now and then. I am currently working on a screenplay, and let me tell you, this one is a challenge!

Whenever I write, I usually start the process in my head. I create various scenes that don't connect yet. Once I have enough scenes for a whole story, then I start to write and I'll create filler scenes as I go to connect everything together. Once I start to actually write, it takes me usually no more than a few weeks to complete a screenplay. That includes editing and all that jazz. Well this screenplay that I'm working on now has been a little more challenging. I came up with the idea for the story last April when I was visiting Niagara Falls. Since then I have still been creating new scenes in my head for the story. I started to write everything down because it is going to be quite a long one with many details. I started writing the screenplay a few months ago, since I have all of the major scenes for the beginning of the story. But it is taking me so long to write everything down the way I want it, and to be able to connect everything together in a way that makes sense. I think it is because it is a type of story that is very different from what I am used to writing about. It has much deeper elements to it. And the description of the settings is very complex. I worked on some of it today, but I am stuck once again, so I decided I should make a blog about my dilemma.

All you writers out there, what do you do when you get a creative block? And how can I overcome these challenges? And to everyone who has written a screenplay: what can I do to get mine produced into a movie??? Please let me know in the comments section below.

- Shadow

1 comment:

  1. I know all too well how it is to get a writer's block and its REALLY irritating. Idk if its helpful at all, but I listen to classical and orchestra pieces that go along with the mood I'm trying to set in a particular scene. If not that, I watch really inspiring AMVs on YT. I can send the links to some if you want.

    ReplyDelete